The Kercher Group, Inc. is currently seeking a Civil Engineer/Project Manager with a minimum of 5 years of experience to join our Land Development/Municipal Engineering team in the Rehoboth Beach, Delaware or Newark, Delaware office. The Kercher Group, Inc. is a growing engineering and infrastructure management consulting firm in the mid-Atlantic region which provides engineering, land planning and construction support services to state and local governments, as well as private entities. We serve as municipal engineers for various local government agencies in Delaware and Maryland. Assist the Director of Engineering with technical support, civil engineering design and project management.
- Perform technical engineering work associated with land or site development and/or municipal engineering projects:
- Stormwater management design, site grading; erosion & sediment control design;
- Prepare conceptual plans, site and construction plans for agency/municipal review. Completion of various land development and environmental permitting applications;
- Review land development and permit submittals to municipal agencies;
- Attend meetings with municipal officials, engineers, developers, and contractors.
- Prepare cost proposals, serve as the client liaison and assist with business development activities.
Successful candidates must have the following Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelors or Associate’s degree in civil engineering from an ABET accredited institution.
- 5 or more years of experience in land development civil-site engineering (pref. in DE).
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office suite, AutoCAD, Civil 3D and stormwater modeling software is required.
- Be able to manage projects independently and serve as the primary contact for clients and government agencies
- Ability to plan and organize work, analyze and solve problems, and prepare and support comprehensive designs
Successful Candidates should have the following Qualifications and Experience:
- Professional Engineers License in DE preferred or the ability to obtain the License within one year.
- Knowledge of bioretention systems, permeable pavement, infiltration systems, and other green technology is preferred
- Experience preparing contract documents for construction projects is a plus.
- Familiarity with ArcGIS software is a plus.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
The Kercher Group, Inc. offers:
- Competitive Compensation
- Health Insurance
- Life and Disability Coverage
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid Time Off, Holiday Pay, and Flex Time
The Kercher Group, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants and employees for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status protected under local, state, or federal laws.
Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident.
Qualified candidates may email their resume to email@example.com